To complete the Setting Risk Reduction Goals step, the following must occur:
- Develop a well-defined risk reduction goal statement to address the chemical problem;
- Ensure transparency in goal selection using stakeholder forums;
- Prioritize problem-solving sub-goals in order to reduce risks to human health and the environment in order of importance;
- Link the selected goal and/or sub-goals into the wider national chemicals forum; and
- Establish preliminary qualitative and quantitative indicators to benchmark progress towards attainment of the goal and/or sub-goals.