Each management alternative shall be assessed (qualitatively) for its long-term reliability, by considering the following criteria, as appropriate:
- Reliability of treatment technologies in meeting treatment objectives and their ability to continue to prevent exposure to the contaminated media;
- Reliability of engineering and institutional controls, taking into consideration the characteristics of the hazardous substances to be managed;
- The effectiveness and enforceability over time of engineering and institutional controls in preventing migration of contaminants and in managing risks associated with potential exposure;
- Uncertainties of any necessary long-term management and degree of management (e.g., operation, maintenance, and monitoring); and
- Any other information relevant to long-term reliability.
Qualitative screening by Ease of Implementation